Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Marleen DT - Flower Hochanda Samples..

Hey bloggers and welcome to my my little slice of the www..

Once again wednesday and my turn to share some inspiration
for BeeCrafty.

I realised that I havent shared my Hochanda samples here on my blog after the last show. I just made the little video and shared but I want to talk you through how I made the projects, so that is what I will do today..

First of all, find the BRAND NEW STAMPS HERE.. 
They were released at the Ally Pally show, live on Hochanda and they sold out in record time. But the Bee Ladies have been working hard and have them back in stock in their shop..

 This one is made on one of the MDF tags. I primed it with white acrylic paint and used my distress ink to colour. I used the Heart Inkables to make the heart and I stamped also with distress ink, the border sentiment down the side. My Tulip,  I coloured with my Zig real brush water colour markers. I stamped the flower head 3 times and cut some of the details out to decoupage it. To make the stem shorter, I simply bent it and glued it. Finished with a bit of sparkle made with my wink of stella sparkle brush.
This one is made on one of the MDF Art Board Tags. I love these ad they can be made into free standing home decor. Ideal to make a wee pressie..
For this one I went strait on to the raw MDF with some sparkel sprays. Dont ask me where they are from as they were given to me by a friend and are so well used that you cant read the lable anymore lol... (Make your own sparkle sprays with rubbing alcohol and old eyeshadows.. I have you YOUTUBE HERE, that show you how)
Anyway, once my background was dry I went strait with my border sentiment stamp and stamped it repeatedly covering the whole board. I then took my Art journal border stamp and stamped each side of both the board and the stand. I used a black sharpie to colour in some of the design.
My Tulip I stamped onto black card and heat embossed with silver, cut it out and added on my board.

Oh I must say, I love this project myself... It took quite a long time to make but it was worth it.. 
Its made to be A5 in size.
For this I started by stamping my Tulip (that would be the front flower) I then made a mask of the tulip and lay that over my first flower, before stamping it again.. Once mask was removed, my back flower was revealed. I coloured them (I think it was with water colours) and stamped my sentiment.
I used chalk to create the shading of colour around the flowers.
 I then took some clear embossing powder and heat set it ALL over my image. It needed 2 coats to become totally smooth and now looks a bit like glass.
I then made my frame. I cut my card stock also to be A5, so same sice as my "glass pic". I then used a ruler and a craft knife (and quite a bit of measuring) to cut out the window.
Once cut I used the new dinkables and texture paste to make the design on my frame. Once paste was dry I used distress sprays to colour my frame.
Once dry, I added my frame over my image using foam squares.
 I wanted this to look just like a picture in a frame, so to be able to hang it up, I used a frame die to cut this "hook". I just cut of the end of the die cut and glues this bit on to the back of my picture.

 Another MDF tag, this one is the XL. This time with red acrylic paint background and orange acrylic paint through my swirl dinkable. I used the Journey stamp, stamped in black, but before the black ink dried completely I added some gold embossing powder. As the ink wasnt completly wet, the embossing powder didnt stick in all places so once I melted the powder, I got a very distressed look. I love how it came out. My Iris flower is stamped on white card stock, heat set also with gold embossing powder, coloured with water colours and cut out. I finshed the project with a bit of gold embossing powder around the edges and a black sharpie to outline my letters.

 Another Iris flower. this time on a card. Water colour back ground, plain stamping heatset with black embossing powder and the same with my border sentiment stamp. I made some black water splashes with a paint brush and black distress ink to finish the distressed look.

 This one was great fun. I did the maksing tecnique as I discribed earlier, and just repeat stamped my Tulip. I coloured them all in with water colour pencils and stamped my sentiment. I finished with some brown distress ink around the edges and a coat of glossy accent over the flower heads.

 This one was one of those projects we start but dont know how to finish.. I stamped my Iris
and coloured it in..I on purposely only wanted to use a piece of the flower to show that although its a big stamp, it could still be used on a smaller card.. But I was stuck.. In the end I HAD to get finished so I simply layered my stamp on to black and added it strait on to the card with foam. I took my  
Art journal border stamp and made the sides and finished with distress ink water splashes. I do love how it came out and a sentiment could easily be added.

 And that is it from me for today.
 Thanks for popping by and for any comments left behind. I hope you enjoyed these projects.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...