Saturday, December 02, 2017

Jane DT - A Rusty Heart

Hello!

It is my turn to share a project on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog today and I really wanted to share my favourite sample that I made for the Fleur and Freddie shows this week on HOCHANDA...


I wanted to create something a bit different with one of the MDF hearts so decided to go for a more grungy, rusty look. 

First I added my stencilling using structure paste through the Love Inkable and also some on the base using the regular dots d'inkable.
Then I added some sand paste to areas around the edge of the heart to give a rusty texture.
When this was all dried I added colour using acrylic paints.  Metallic silver and grey were used for the metal look, then shades of yellow and brown were used to create the rust colours...


Fleur and Freddie Entwined were stamped and cut out before being coloured using alcohol markers.
I also cut out the heart balloons that came with them, but reattached them in a different way using some rusty wire...



I used the following products that are available in the Bee Crafty online shop via the links...

* MDF Heart
* Fleur and Freddie - Entwined
* Love Inkable
* Regular Dots D'Inkable

Sam's shows from this week will be available on rewind on the HOCHANDA page for a couple of weeks so if you didn't get to see them they are well worth a look for the demos and ideas!

Thanks for looking and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...