Saturday, December 23, 2017

Jane DT - Something Seasonal!

Hello!

For my last post before Christmas on the Buzzy Goings at Bee Crafty Blog, I thought that I should definitely create something for the season. 
A few weeks back I created some ATC's using some of the Beautanicals and butterflies, so I decided to continue my set with two more on a similar theme but with a wintry look.  This time I also took photos of the different stages. 

This is how they looked once completed...


I used two greyboard ATC's for this project and after coating them with white gesso used my mini gelli plate and brayer to apply 3 layers of different tones of blue paint.  I put the paint on my mat first then used the brayer to add it lightly to the gelli plate, I was aiming for a patchy look and printed each colour one at a time starting with the lightest...


Next I used the circle d'inkable by placing it onto the gelli plate, brayering one of the darker shades of blue over the top then removing the stencil and placing the ATC onto the plate to pull off a print...


After that was dry (a quick blast with a heat tool was enough) I used the regular dots d'inkable in the same way, but this time with white gesso...


To create the next layer I wanted to add some stamping.  As I had already used acrylic paint I needed a permanent ink so I used a blue staz on ink pad with one of the snowflake stamps...


To create a really contrasting silhouette I then stamped one of the wildflowers using a Versamark ink pad and then used sparkly white embossing powder (I made sure to use an anti static bag first to stop any specks of powder sticking elsewhere)...


I wanted to create another layer with some more dimension and texture, so used the snowflake d'inkable with some blue sparkle paste in a couple of areas on each ATC...


For a finishing feature I coloured a piece of card with one of the paints used in the background and then stamped one of the butterflies in Versamark then covered with white sparkly embossing powder.  This was then cut out and cut in half so that it could be on both of the ATCs...


The very final touch was to use the same technique with the sentiments, I also added some dark blue ink to the edges to create a frame for the words...

 
 
These are the links to the products that I used...

* D'inkable - Circles
* D'inkable - Regular Dots
* D'inkable - Snowflakes
* Beautanicals - Wildflower 2
* Art Stamps - Birds and Butterflies Set 1
* Yuletide - Snowflakes (Spikey)
* Yuletide - Everyday Christmas 1

I hope you all have a peaceful Christmas and are able to enjoy it whatever you are doing.

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...