Saturday, December 30, 2017

Jane DT - Funky Flowers Art Journaling

Hello!

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas however you may have celebrated and we have now almost made it to the start of a brand new year.

For my blog post today on Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty I thought I would do a bit more art journaling using lots of layers with Bee Crafty products. 
For these pages I had a clear idea of what I wanted to create which was some funky looking flowers, but as I didn't have any stamps to do this I decided to use the style wire circles to help me...


I started by preparing both the pages of my journal with white gesso, then used my brayer to apply layers of acrylic paint (yellow, teal and magenta) making sure each layer dried before adding the next.  I then dry brushed on some more white gesso to tone the colours together...


The next layer to be added was background stamping.  I used archival inks as these are ideal over the acrylic paint and used colours that matched in with the background.  I used the bubble wrap positive, distress diamonds and script XL until I was happy, they were not mounted onto a block as I wanted a patchy and distressed type of look.

After these had been given a quick dry with my heat tool I added the next layer which was stencilling.  I used the same paint colours from my background and stencilled on some blue using the metalwork alpha inkable and yellow with the regular dots d'inkable.  Then I used the circles d'inkable with white gesso in a diagonal pattern across the pages...


Once I was sure the gesso was dry I coloured some of the circles in using gelatos and then added white and black pen doodling...


At this point I felt that I needed a bit more black in the background as a contrast so used black archival ink with the retro dash and dots backdrops stamp.

To create my focal points I stamped all three sizes of the style wire circles onto white card using black archival ink and then cut them out.  To make them look like flower centres I used yellow and orange gelatos to colour them and then added some stencilling using the circles d'inkable again (one of my favourites!) and permanent marker pen...


Once I had placed and stuck them down I used a permanent black marker to draw in the stems and petals around each flower.  More doodling was then added with black and white pens before adding a few splatters with my white paint pen...



Finally I chose a sentiment that I thought would be good as a saying for 2018, I stamped it out then chose the parts I wanted to use and coloured them before sticking them down and adding some shadowing around the edges.

If you would like to see any of the products that I used here are the links...

* Style Wire Circle - Large
* Style Wire Circles - Small and Medium
* Distress Diamonds
* Script XL
* Retro Dash and Dots
* Bubble Wrap - Positive
* D'Inkables - Regular Dots
* D'Inkables - Circles
* Inkables - Metalwork Alpha

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post today, and I wish you all a very happy new year!

Jane xx






2 comments:

Im just me - Marleen said...

Jane this project is amazing. And until I read what stamps you used I didn't even realise it was Bee stamps. Amazing project and great write up, I really must give this a try x

CraftyJan said...

This is stunning! So much detail in the work AND the write up, a real labour of love that does you proud hun ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...