Friday, July 15, 2022

DT Sharon - Butterfly Sense

 DT Sharon - Butterfly Sense



Hello I hope you're all coping in the hot weather. It's not so hot up here in Scotland but still hot enough!! Today I'd like to share with you this card I made featuring one of my favourite BC stamp and die sets. 

To start with I took a 15x15cms blank, white card, then cut a piece of black cardstock to 14.3x14.3cms for a background layer. I then cut a piece of book paper to 14x14cms to work on.


I put down some distress oxide inks in Twisted Citron, Everygreen bough and Fossilized amber onto my glass mat and added a spray of water. I then smooshed the book paper through it. After each colour layer I let it dry and then added some more for a textured look.



Using the grid stamp from the Journal elements #3 I inked it up with the Everygreen bough and very lightly sprayed it and applied it three times to my paper.


Once it was dry I used the number stencil from the D'Inkables #5 set with the same colour oxides to randomly stencil over the page. I then added the number stamp from the Journal Element #3 in black ink as a contrast. I set the page aside for a moment.



Next I stamped the 3 largest butterflies from the Birds & Butterfly reg set in black ink and clear embossed them. I then coloured them in the oxide inks and used the dies to cut them out.


I adhered the black card layer and book paper to the blank card. I then adhered the butterflies but only down the middles so that I could lift the wings. I then used the sentiment from the Handwritten words #2, I white embossed it onto black card and cut it out. I cut the sentiment up and adhered it to the card.


I hope inspired some of you to get your beautiful butterfly stamps out and mix and match it with some other Bee Crafty stamps. 

Products used:


Have a lovely weekend
Sharon x




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...