Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Ali CT - Mondrian Tree

 Hot colours are the theme of this month's Bee Crafty Challenge so I have been playing along in my white media journal today. Here is my page ,,,

I gesso'd a page in my white media journal ready for some oxide inks.
Next I fixed the Bee Crafty Mondrian inkable over the page with low tack masking tape.
Picked a selection of distress oxides to play with - mustard seed, candied apple, ripe persimmon, abandoned coral and picked raspberry.
I used blending brushes to apply each colour in 3 or 4 places, one brush for the orange/red shades and a separate brush for the yellow.
Once I was happy with the coverage I flicked a little water over and blotted with kitchen paper.
I peeled back the masking tape & removed the inkable, the hot weather made my tape really sticky.
I reinked my versafine claire black ink pad and had a go at stamping the BEAUtanicals Deciduous silhouette tree directly onto the page. 
In hindsight I should have stamped onto stamping tissue and then fixed it onto the page. But this is how we roll as crafters - so I used a black fine liner pen to draw back the missing branches and added to the base of the tree to ground it.
 
I squeezed a little Dylusions shimmer paint onto my glass mat  - pure sunshine, bubblegum pink, funky fuchsia and white linen and used the end of a paint brush to dot paint around the ends of the branches.
I started with the pink and orange to build up the patches of blossom then added low lights with the darker pink and highlights with white dots. Lots of dots 😀
I added a few more to the lower right of the card for the petals floating down from the tree.
I stamped a sentiment from Wordage Set -Small Words onto black card using white pigment ink then heat embossed with white embossing powder.
I trimmed the sentiment and fixed it to my page with pva glue.
Then used a clear stardust gelly roll pen to add sparkly highlights to the tree.

I hope you have enjoyed this project and thank you for stopping by
Ali xxx

Products used

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...