Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Ali CT - Butterfly Heat

Playing with the Bee Crafty XL Art Stamps Butterflies today, bright summer colours as our July Challenge is Hot Colours.

To make this card I used my ancient wooden scoring board to create a DL card from a sheet of white A4 300gsm card.
I trimmed the bit left over to 196mm x 86 mm.
I stuck the white panel on to my glass mat, placed the Fernando Inkable on top and used masking tape to hold it in place. I chose 3 green distress oxides for the background - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness.
I started with the lightest colour and brushed the Twisted Citron over the tops of the ferns.
Then the Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness.
Gave the card a quick blast with a heat gun to dry it and swiped over with an anti static pad.
Multi stamped the block of bubbles from Journal Art Element 2 creating an arc around the 2 opposite corners with white pigment ink then heat embossed with white embossing powder.
I stamped the stars using Mowed Lawn distress Oxide and clear heat embossed.
I used Rustic Wilderness on the horizontal dashes and clear heat embossed them too.
Brushed a little Rustic Wilderness around the edges of the panel. Used a paper tissue to wipe off any ink on the white embossed areas. I fixed the panel to a matt of black card with approx. 1.5mm border and onto the white DL card blank.
I stamped the largest butterfly from the Art Stamps Birds & Butterfles XL set 3 times using black versafine ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. 
I fussy cut the butterflies and chose 4 hot distress ink colours - Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral, Candied Apple and Picked Raspberry.
I pressed a little ink from each pad onto a blending mat and used a damp paintbrush to paint them.
I left these to dry and stamped a sentiment from Ticker Tape 1 onto black card and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
I trimmed the sentiment and fixed it to the base of the card using foam pads. I bent the butterfly wings upwards, applied a little pva to the body and a couple of foam pads on the wings. I stuck the butterflies bodies flat onto the card, held them in place with the end of a paint brush until the glue grabbed the card. The foam pads keep the wings elevated.
I hope you have enjoyed this project and thank you for stopping by
Ali xxx

Products used

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...