Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Marleen DT - Hochanda Samples

Hello Bloggers..

Once again my turn to share some inspiration for BeeCrafty and today I want to share my samples for the recent show on Hochanda.

Did you see the show?? Arent those goodies amazing??
We are history nuts in our house and the egyptian history is on top of the list here. My son (12) sat next to me when I made my samples and told me the meaning of all the symbols.

Anyway.. you can find all the goodies over in the BeeCrafty STORE so do pop over for a good nosy..

Here are my samples:
(I must appologise for the bad photoes. I had to take the pics late in the evening and lighting was terrible)

This one is distress ink and gold embossing powder. I then took the hieroglyphics strip stamp and stamped with versamark ink and added mica powder on top. Once the mica has been buffed a bit it shows when tipped in the light.

This one is Lustre Luxe on an MDF artboard. I stamped my background with distress oxide. (please note the oxide WILL dry on the Lustre BUT can be rubbed off with a bit of effort) all the other symbols I stamped in black Archival ink which will dry and stay put.
The little strip going across the artboard, is just a card strip with added Lustre Luxe. The symbols have been stamped on shrink plastic and shrunk. I got this idea from my teamie Alisa. You may have seen she is the queen of shrink plastic. She makes amazing jewelry using it. 

This one is made as the black one above. Gold embossing, distress ink and mica powder on top of versamark ink.

This one is my favorite I think. The background is made by repeatedly stamping the strip of hieroglyphics in distress ink and then covering the whole background in clear embossing powder. I did the same with the symbol stamp as well, only I fuzzy cut it before adding the powder. I made the mat and y sentiment also using distress ink so it all match in colour.

This one is very simple. Background is stamped with distress oxide ink and then simply stamped the bigger stamps in black on top.

This one is also l;ike that first one, the black one. Simple gold embossing powder and distress ink.

And that is it for today. Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...