Saturday, February 03, 2018

Jane DT - HOCHANDA Texture Stamp Samples

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at the Bee Crafty Blog I am sharing some of the samples I made for the recent HOCHANDA shows with the brand new texture stamps and creativity words.

As soon as I saw these stamps I thought they would be ideal for art journaling and mixed media so decided to make a little zig zag journal book that could be for showing different techniques and also hold inspiring words...


The covers were made from mount board and I then cut and scored pieces of paper that were stuck together in a zig zag fashion.  Acrylic paint from Dylusions was used to paint the covers and then the stamps and d'inkables were used to add the decoration using paint and ink.  I also added a bit of doodling with a white paint pen... 


I tried out various mediums and techniques on the inside pages and added pockets to put my words into.  Finally I punched a hole in each cover to add some string as a closure...


The circles and the borders had also made me think of flowers so I decorated one of the tall art boards to show them. Again I used Dylusions acrylic paint as the base, but applied it with a brayer.  I then added sections of the borders, some with paint and some with ink to create the background. I coloured some card with the paints and stamped over it using archival ink, next cutting out the pieces to make the flowers...


I also wanted to show the borders altogether so used the large MDF tag as my base.  I used 3 different shades of blue ink and was able to easily match up the borders due to the stamps being clear.  I also wanted to use only one of the large words but show how easily they can be adapted to make other words...


To make these samples I used the following products...

* Backdrop Border Stamps - Texture Borders
* Backdrop Stamps - Texture Circles
* Wordage - Large Creativity Words
* D'inkables - Regular Dots
* Dylusions Paints
* MDF Substrates

I hope you enjoyed the shows this week, I am sure they will be on catch up for a while so you can still check out all of Sam's great demos.

Happy Crafting,

Jane xx

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great ideas. My stamps and stencils arrived yesterday so this blog is just what I need.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...