Saturday, February 17, 2018

Jane DT - Papyrus Plaque

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing one of my Egyptian samples with you.  The new stamps and stencils were fab to work with and I really wanted to use the large background to create my own papyrus to use on one of the art boards.

To make the papyrus I started with some cheap tracing paper that I coloured with watered down acrylic paint.  Once this was dry I stamped the background using archival ink then added some splashes of paint...


I then tore pieces from the sheet and used a dark brown ink around the edges...


To create the main plaque I used one of the MDF art boards, first coating it with gesso then adding crackle paste to areas...


Once this had dried washes of acrylic paint were added in various shades of brown, some was also dripped from the top to add even more of an aged look and some burnt umber antiquing cream was added to the crackled areas...


Stencilling was added to the background using one of the d'inkables and gold paint...


Next the sphinx was stamped onto the board using Versafine and then clear embossed...


I used permanent pens to add a bit of extra colour to the sphinx then stuck the papyrus onto the plaque using gel medium.  Finally one of the words was stamped onto card, distress ink added around the edges and then layered onto the art board on another piece of papyrus...


Here are the links to the products I used...

* MDF - Art Boards Landscape
* Art Stamps - Sphinx
* Backdrops XL - Egyptian
* Wordage - Life Words 1
* D'inkables - Egyptian Set

Thank you for taking a look, happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...