Thursday, February 03, 2022

Sue CT

Sue CT A Quick Birthday Card

Hi everyone! This week I have decided to go down the clean and simple (cas) route and make a card.

 

What I have Used

 

Distress Oxide Salty Ocean

Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade

Archival Inks Chrome Yellow

Archival Inks Vivid Chartreuse

Archival Inks Manganese Blue

Archival Inks Watering Can

6x6 Card Blank

Queen Bee Journaling –Balloons and Bunting

Bee Crafty Everyday Sentiments 2

Bee Crafty Tag Inkable Stencils Set 

Light Sticky Tape – I use Scotch Removable Tape

Ecoline Pens

White Card for Topper

Black card

Glossy Accents

3d Foam





 

I started by masking off a strip of a 5 and a half inch square piece of card to create a section about 1 and 3/4 inches or about 4cms wide. I attached my stencil to the card using the same tape to keep it in place. Usually, I don’t tape my stencil down but as this was a cas card I wanted to limit the chances of getting any fingerprints on the card!

 


 

I used Salty Ocean and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink to blend through the number stencil on the bottom inch or 2.5cms of the card. I didn’t need to use a green ink as the blue and yellow blended to a nice green. I then moved the stencil up and worked over the top of the masked section of the card. Even though the tag stencil isn’t the same height as the card, you can easily extend it to make it appear taller. It doesn't matter about the gap as it will be hidden once the sentiment is added.



On a scrap of card stamp the balloons and candles from the Queen Bee Balloons and Bunting stamp using black or grey ink, whichever you prefer to use.



 

Colour the balloons and candles using a colouring medium of your choice and when dry cut them out leaving a small border around the edges. I used Ecoline pens as I find them easy to use. If you want to, you can add Glossy Accents to the balloons once cut out.



Stamp the streamers for the balloons directly to the topper. I have used the Archival inks to do this.

 




Stamp a sentiment from the Everyday Sentiment set onto a piece of white card the same width as your topper card. I used the three Archival coloured inks and just added them randomly to the stamp before stamping. Attach the candles using 3d foam to add some height. I like to use a black border to make my cards pop, so cut one for the card topper and also the sentiment. Attach to the card topper.





 

Thank you for looking at the blog today. I hope you all have a good week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...