Saturday, August 10, 2019

Jane DT - Vintage Notebook

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a notebook holder that I have made and decorated...


I started by cutting the covers and die using mount board in my bigz die.  To create an aged looking surface I used some different types of crackle mediums and chalky finish paint, then edged the pieces using sepia archival ink...


Next I added some stamping.  Using archival ink in sepia and vermillion I stamped 'Time Measure' in larger sections then added smaller more specific parts in the brighter colour...


Then to create some more texture I mixed some crackle paste with a small amount of sepia pigment powder and put it through the 'Coffee Stain Script' stencil...


At this point the colours were looking a bit too bold for me so I dry brushed some cream coloured chalky paint across the covers then added some gold gilding wax...


Whilst working on a jewellery project recently I had some clear resin left over and spread it across some different types of paper to create resin paper.  I used this to stamp some butterflies onto and to build up some elements for the cover...


Once these had been added to the cover on top of some cambric that I coloured and some thread, I stamped one of the 'Ticker Tape 2' sentiments onto another piece of resin paper to layer up and painted one of the MDF cogs which I cut in half then added some gold gilding wax...



I also added some holes and eyelets for a piece of organza ribbon to close the notebook and some elastic to the edge for putting a notebook inside.

Here are the products that I used:

* Art Stamps - Time Measure
* Art Stamps - Dragonfly and Butterfly
* Wordage - Ticker Tape 2
* Inkables - Coffee Stain Script
* MDF - Cogs
* Archival Inkpads

There is currently a summer sale over on the Bee Crafty website so if you are interested in any of the products now is a great time to grab a bargain!!

Thank you for looking and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...