Friday, April 01, 2022

Sharon CT - Butterfly Tag

Sharon CT - Butterfly Tag 

Today I'd like to show you how I made this butterfly tag. 



I used the Inkable Distressed Diamonds stencil and sprayed gloss sprays through using the colours Turquoise, Heather, Carnation and white. 

I covered the whole tag with Hickory Smoke oxide ink using a blending tool. I then used the same stencil again but placed it in a different place and blended Wilted Violet oxide ink through it. 



With a black fineliner I outlined some of the wilted violet diamonds. The edges of the tag were then inked in black ink. 

I stamped and die cut out the butterflies from the Birds & Butterflies reg stamp set and coloured them with alcohol pens. I then stamped and die cut the butterflies again onto acetate. I adhered the acetate butterflies to the coloured ones but only in the middle so the wings could stand up. 


To finish off I used my sewing machine to stitch around the tag and to stitch the butterflies onto the tag down the middle. I've used sentiments from winter words onto black card and white embossing powder. 


For my tag I have used:

Inkables template - Distressed Diamonds

Art Stamps & Dies - Birds & Butterflies

WORDage Stamps - Winter Words

Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays

Distress Oxide Inks

I hope you found some inspiration from my tag and I'll see you again next week, have a good one. 

Sharon 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...