Friday, April 22, 2022

Sharon CT - Don't forget to fly ATCs

 My project today is a step by step for a set of 3 ATCs. Bee Crafty have an ATC swap going on at the moment too. 



My first step was to make the backgrounds for my ATCs. I used a brayer and Dina Wakley paints for this. I lightly brayered the paint randomly over the ATC blanks. 


This is how they looked once everything was cleaned up!


I used the Honeycombe Inkable stencil and Peacock Feathers oxide ink to add some texture over the paint.


I then took the Alternate circles Inkable stencil and used a crackle texture paste through the stencil. 


My next step was to use my sewing machine to add zig zag stitching along the edges in black thread. I then added some gold wax to the texture paste circles.


I love the Scripted Bee stamp set there are so many little extras that you can cut out and add to your projects. I have done this and then coloured the pieces with Copic pens. I've also added some Crystal Stickles to the bee wings.


And here are my 3 completed ATCS. I arranged and then adhered the images to the backgrounds and added some white highlights and Tim Holtz sentiment stickers. And to finally finish off I edged the ATCs in black ink. 

I hope my ATCs inspire you to join in with our monthly ATC swap. 
Have a good weekend.

Sharon 






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...