Thursday, April 14, 2022

Sue CT Dragonflies and Texture Paste

Sue CT Dragonflies and Texture Paste 

I have been using my texture paste this week to do another page in my 8x8 journal.



Products I have used.

Stamps

Doodle Art Dragonfly Regular

DoodleArt Dragonfly XL

Journal Art Elements 1

Journal Art Elements 2

Handwritten Words 1

Abstract Circles Inkables Big One

Dina Wakley Shimmer Sprays

White Linen

London Blue

Rose Quartz

 

Engineering Washi Tape

Words Washi Tape

Black Archival Ink

Faded Jeans Archival Distress Ink

Faded Jeans Distress Ink

Ecoline Pens

Posca Pen

Ranger Distress Texture Paste Matte

Dina Wakley Words Collage Paper

 


After putting some word washi along the join of my pages, I added a layer of gesso over the page. I then randomly tore some of the Dina Wakley Collage paper into strips and adhered them with collage medium.



I then added some of the Engineering Washi, again torn into random strips and followed this with some tissue I had used to catch any spray from previous projects.


After allowing the page to dry naturally, I decided to go over the entire page using the Abstract Circles Big One and a thin layer of Ranger Distress Texture Paste Matte. I reversed the stencil for the second half of the page. There is a join in the centre of the page, but once you have sprayed the page and added the dragonflies, I didn’t think it showed very much at all.


Once dried add the sprays randomly over the page. I gently tilted the page to allow the colours to mix.


To add extra texture to the page, I used the circle stamp from Journal Art Elements 1 and black archival ink to stamp around the edges. Clearly the texture paste was the only part of the page to take the stamps giving a distressed look to the stamp.

 

I then repeated the same process on the centre of the page, but with one of the circle stamps from Journal Art Elements 2 and Faded Jeans Archival Ink. I decided that I wanted the circles to stand out more so using a Posca open I drew around the edges of the texture paste circles.


Next, I stamped the dragonflies from the Doodle Art Dragonfly regular and XL stamp sets onto white card and coloured them using Ecoline pens and cut them out. I go around the edges of my stamps with a black pen, but this is completely optional. I also added some extra detail with white Posca pen. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Handwritten words onto a scrap of white card and cut out. I edged the card with Faded Jeans distress ink to add depth and then mounted it on a second piece of white card.


Finally, I adhered the dragonflies along the centre of their bodies and sentiment onto the page using Collage Medium.

 

Many thanks for looking at the blog today. I hope you all get a chance to do some crafting this week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...