Friday, April 29, 2022

It Doesn't Need To Make Sense Card - CT Sharon

 CT Sharon - It doesn't need to make sense


Hi did you manage to get your new stamps and stencils from the show? Some of them sold out pretty quick so I hope you did!

Today I'd like to show you a card using the Journal Art Elements #3 and Handwritten Words #2 stamp sets and the Splat Inkable big one. 



First I inked up the splat stencil with Salvage Patina and Saltwater Taffy oxide ink and then sprayed it with water. I then laid it onto my piece of white cardstock. I let it sit for a minute and then dabbed it with a paper towel. This gives a nice watercolour background.




Next using the grid stamp from the art elements set #3 I stamped it into the corners with a black ink. I used my stamping platform so that I could rotate the card to make sure all the corners were in the right place.




I then stitched around my card very randomly in black ink to give it a border.




I couldn't leave the beautiful heart stamp out so I did the same again by using my stamping platform and rotating the card. The hearts have been stamped using Dusty Concorde oxide ink.




To make the sentiment I stencilled the splat onto some white cardstock with the same inks and then stamped the sentiment from the Handwritten words #2 in black ink and clear embossed it. I then cut the sentiment into strips. 




To finish the card I adhered the sentiment onto the card and then layered the piece onto black cardstock and then onto my white card blank. 



Products used



Inkables Big One Splats

Distress Oxide Inks - Salvaged Patina , Saltwater Taffy  & Dusty Concord

Versafine Clair - Nocturne

Ranger Embossing Powder - Clear

I hope you enjoyed my step by step and I've given you some inspiration for your new stamps and stencils. 

Have a lovely weekend 

Sharon x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...