Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Ali C - Jubilee Card, Remember Every Moment


It's Jubilee Week, so I've used a couple of the Bee Crafty Heraldic Art Stamps on this card. These stamps are currently in the End of Line sections on the Bee Crafty website.

I remember going a street party for the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977, lots of bunting, sandwiches, party games for all of us local children - fond memories of a fab sunny day. 
First I cut a piece of 300gsm white card 5 1/2" x 5 1/2", spritzed a little water on the back to keep it flat and laid it over a piece of kitchen paper. 
Then I tapped a little Cosmic Shimmer Red Lava Pixie Powder over one corner and Midnight Blue over the opposite corner. I spritzed again to activate the paint powders, being careful to leave the middle section of the card white. 
I blotted any excess water with kitchen paper and dried the card with a heat gun. 
Heating the back of the card speeds up the drying time and helps flattened it.
I swiped an anti static pad over the dry card, stamped the two lions from the Heraldic Prancing Lions  with versamark ink , then heat embossed with gold embossing powder. 
The two lions arrive on the same stamp but it is easy to split them using scissors. You can then use them separately or together.
Next I stamped the Coffee Stains across the white portion of the card in black versafine clair and clear heat embossed. I used the smaller coffee stains on the coloured sections.
I used Sam's favourite stamp next, the tiny numbers. Stamped using versamark ink then heat embossed with white embossing powder.
Edged around the card with black ink to add a vignette.
I used pva glue to fix the coloured panel to white card (1/16" border), onto black card (3/16" border) and then on to a white 7" x 7" card blank.
Then stamped the sentiment from the WORDage - Small Words onto black card and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
I stamped the Heraldic Large Jubilee Crown onto white card with black versafine clair ink.
I coloured parts of the stamped image with Sakura stardust gelly roll pens.
Used scissors to fussy cut, leaving a small white border.
I pressed the versamark ink pad over the cut out then clear heat embossed. I repeated this to give the crown a very glossy finish - the stardust ink twinkles through the varnish.
I attached the crown and sentiment using 3d foam pads.
Finally I added a couple of black gems to finish the card.

 I hope you have enjoyed this post and thank you for stopping by xxx

Products used

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...