Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Ali CT - Dragonfly Journal

 Well I have finally started art journaling yay - been procrastinating for a while but I have now completed my first page ๐Ÿ˜Ž.


I sprayed the back of the Circles Inkable with stencil adhesive (Stick & Spray), chose a blank page on my 6" x 6" journal, all of mine were blank ๐Ÿ˜‰ so started at the beginning.


I picked three distress oxides, mustard seed, picked raspberry and peacock feathers and inked through the stencil using brushes to blend the colours. I might gesso the page first next time to help the inks blend.


I removed the stencil. 


Then outlined the coloured sections with a black fine liner pen.
I added a few zig zags and dash doodles.


I faux bleached by flicking some drops of water over the page, waiting for a bit and picking up the the water with kitchen roll. 


I added a few highlights to the inked circles with Dr PH Martin's white bleed proof ink and a damp paint brush. I could have used a white gel pen instead but this stuff is bleed proof and stays bright.


I stamped the large dragonfly, 2 of the middle size and the word dragonfly from the Art Stamps Dragonfly Set with clear versamark ink then heat embossed with white embossing powder


I stamped the round postage mark with black versafine ink, linking the coloured circles and stamping off the page in places then dried with a heat gun.


The circles were a little too black so I used white gesso and a damp paint brush to knock them back.


I applied green and blue Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Sparkles to a strip of white card, stamped the dragonflies and heat embossed with black embossing powder.


I cut out all the dragonflies and the sentiment and spent the next 20 minutes trying to choose whether to use the sparkly dark ones or the white ones.


Fortunately hubby came home from work and suggested that I overlaid the white ones over the sparkly ones - excellent idea - so I went with that.


I'm so happy that I have actually started journaling and can see this will get a bit addictive.

I hope you have enjoyed this step by step and thank you for stopping by,
Ali xxx

Products used


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...