Thursday, May 05, 2022

Sue CT - See Me

Sue CT - See Me


I still cannot stop using the amazing new faces stamps along with the words and elements stamps that went with them. I hope you are all enjoying them as well.


 

Products Used This Week

Stamps

Bee Crafty Faces – See Me

 Bee Crafty Handwritten Words 2

Bee Crafty Journal Art Elements 3

Bee Crafty Mandala 1

Inkables

Bee Crafty Tag Inkables Set 1

Bee Crafty Tag Inkables Set 2

Splats 6x6 Inkable

Bee Crafty Mirror Blocks

Ranger Crackle Texture Paste

Versamark Ink Pad

Ranger Bronze Fine Detail Embossing Powder

New Black Versafine Clair Ink Pad

Distress Inks

Antique Linen

Old Paper

Frayed Burlap

Crackling Campfire

Saltwater Taffy

Vintage Photo

Distress Oxide Ink

Walnut Stain

Gathered Twigs

Archival Inks

Coffee

Plum

Vintage Photo

Grand Espresso

Barn Door

Tim Holtz Distress Crayon Halloween Set 2

Stamp Press

White Pen

Crackle Texture Paste

I started by brushing the Antique Linen, Old Paper and Frayed Burlap Inks onto the page to give it some colour and then brushed through the tag Inkables to add some texture.

I then used the splats 6x6 Inkable and some Crackle Paste to add even more texture. I allowed it to dry naturally and find that gives plenty of crackle to the paste.

Once it is fully dry, I rubbed some of the Distress Crayon over the paste to show the cracks even more.


I added some stamping with the Art Journal Stamps using the plum, coffee and vintage photo Archival Inks.

Next came the fun bit. After watching Sally using the mirror blocks to make a whole face of Mr See Me, I decided to see if I could manage to join the face using them as well. I used the smaller of the faces and a stamp press to do the first impression and then stamped a second time using an ordinary block to match up the face. If you would like instructions on how I did this, please see Bev’s TIOT on You Tube by following the link below. If you just want to see how Bev used a stamping platform to help use the mirror blocks you will need to fast forward to about 18 minutes. I have never done this before but will definitely be trying it with other stamps.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSsNScKL6Gg&t=2040s

Next, I coloured the image using Vintage Photo for the hair and Saltwater Taffy with a tiny bit of Vintage Photo for the skin tone. I cut the stamp out but felt that it needed an edge to it, so placed the face onto a piece of brown card and cut out close to the outline.

I stamped the largest mandala from set 1 onto spare card using Versafine Embossing Ink and added the copper embossing powder. I then coloured it using the same inks that I had initially used for the background. I cut it out and used a white pen to add a few highlights to the mandala stamp. Unfortunately the copper doesn't show on the photos, but I can assure you it shines on the page! Once thoroughly dry I used a white pen to add highlights to the page and stamped my chosen words from the Handwritten words set 2 onto scrap card which I had coloured with the original page with.

Finally, I placed everything as I wanted it and used collage medium to secure everything to the page.

 

Thank you for looking at the blog. I hope you all get a chance to do some crafting this week.

 

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...