Thursday, May 19, 2022

Sue CT Bee

Sue CT Bee Card



Hello, a quick and easy project this week, for those last minute cards we all have to make, but you could easily adapt it into a journal page. It includes that elusive white space we all sometimes struggle with.


 

Products I Have Used

Bee Crafty Stamps

Doodle Art Bee Regular

Ticker Tape Words 1

Bee Crafty Inkables

Big One Daisy Chain

6x6 Honeycomb 3

Bee Crafty Tag Dies

Distress Oxides

Blueprint Sketch

Candied Apple

Ripe Persimmon

Seedless Preserves

Squeezed Lemonade

Skinny Slim

Versafine Clair Nocturne

7x7 Card Blank

White Card

Black Card

Foam Pads



I started by cutting a square of white card approximately 6.5 x 6.5 inches and placed the Daisy Chain Big One at an angle and secured with tape to stop it moving as I inked through it. I then used the Distress Oxides to create a rainbow effect through the stencil. After carefully removing the stencil from the card I spritzed the stencil with water and placed in my journal to save wasting the ink.


 

I then stamped the larger bee from the Doodle Art Bee stamp onto spare card and coloured with the Blueprint Sketch, Ripe Persimmon and Squeezed Lemonade inks after squishing them onto a Skinny Slim block. 

 


Next, I cut a tag from the die set and followed the same method as before but with the Honeycomb 3 Inkable. Once the ink was dry, I mounted the tag onto some black card and left a small border round the edge.


 

I mounted the larger piece of card onto a black border and decided that I needed an edge to the Inkable. For this I used one of the border stamps from the Bee set and Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.


 

I mounted the bee onto the tag using foam pads to give it some depth and stamped my chosen sentiment onto white card. I separated the sentiment into individual strips and placed them on black card to make them stand out more. Once I had decided on the final placement, I glued everything in its place.

 

Thank you for looking at the blog this week. Have fun crafting at some point. 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...