This week I have returned to my journal and something I have seen quite a bit of in the garden recently – butterflies.
Products I Have Used
Bee Crafty Stamps
Bee Crafty Inkables
Distress Oxide Inks
Archival Ink Pads
I started off by putting each of the distress inks in turn, onto a skinny slim, spritzing it with water and then pressing onto the page of my journal. I dried each colour with a heat tool before adding the next one.
Next, I used the inner part of the easy frames and brushed ink around each circle with one of the distress inks. I wanted them a little darker so also added a small amount of Hickory Smoke Ink as well.
used Hickory Smoke Ink to stamp the Leger in several places around the page. I
didn’t put the stamp on a block but used my fingers to randomly stamp and give
a less defined edge to the stamps. I also used the circle Inkable from set 7 to
brush through using the hickory smoke Distress Ink.
I felt the circles needed more definition so using a fineliner pen I drew rough circles around the edges. I also stamped some of the circle elements from Art Journal Elements 3 using black Archival Ink.
Next, I stamped most of the words from Small Words 1, arranging them so they loosely followed the shape of the circles.
I stamped several of the butterflies from both the regular and large butterfly stamps onto spare card, cut them out using the corresponding dies, and arranged them going up the page. I decided that I needed some white highlights, so once the ink was thoroughly dry, I added some extra details using a Posca pen and some flicks of white gloss spray. I also stamped a few of the small circles from the Faces - See Me using white ink
Thank you for looking at the blog this week. I hope you get some crafting time in during the week.