Thursday, May 12, 2022

Sue CT Butterflies

 Sue CT - Butterflies

This week I have returned to my journal and something I have seen quite a bit of in the garden recently – butterflies.


 

Products I Have Used

Bee Crafty Stamps

Faces See Me

Ledger Inkwell and Nibs

Journal Art Elements 3

Small Words

Birds and Butterflies Regular plus Dies

Birds and Butterflies Large plus Dies

Bee Crafty Inkables

Set 7 Dinkables

Easy Frame 4 inch

Easy Frame 6 inch

Distress Oxide Inks

Blueprint Sketch

Crushed Olive

Seedless Preserves

Hickory Smoke

Archival Ink Pads

Black

Hickory Smoke

Super Skinny Slims

Hero Arts White Ink

White Dina Wakley Gloss Spray

Posca Pen

Fineliner Pens



I started off by putting each of the distress inks in turn, onto a skinny slim, spritzing it with water and then pressing onto the page of my journal. I dried each colour with a heat tool before adding the next one.


 

Next, I used the inner part of the easy frames and brushed ink around each circle with one of the distress inks. I wanted them a little darker so also added a small amount of Hickory Smoke Ink as well.


I then used Hickory Smoke Ink to stamp the Leger in several places around the page. I didn’t put the stamp on a block but used my fingers to randomly stamp and give a less defined edge to the stamps. I also used the circle Inkable from set 7 to brush through using the hickory smoke Distress Ink.


 

I felt the circles needed more definition so using a fineliner pen I drew rough circles around the edges. I also stamped some of the circle elements from Art Journal Elements 3 using black Archival Ink.


 

Next, I stamped most of the words from Small Words 1, arranging them so they loosely followed the shape of the circles.


 

I stamped several of the butterflies from both the regular and large butterfly stamps onto spare card, cut them out using the corresponding dies, and arranged them going up the page. I decided that I needed some white highlights, so once the ink was thoroughly dry, I added some extra details using a Posca pen and some flicks of white gloss spray. I also stamped a few of the small circles from the Faces - See Me using white ink

 

Thank you for looking at the blog this week. I hope you get some crafting time in during the week.

1 comment:

Owllycrafter said...

This is beautiful, love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...