Thursday, May 26, 2022

Sue CT Scripted Bee


Hi, this week I am using my 8x8 Dylusions journal and just 2 stamps and three oxide sprays to show that you don't always need a million things to make a page.


Products I Have Used 

Distress Oxide Sprays
Bee Crafty Stamps
White Card
Matte Gel Medium



I started this week by spraying each of the three oxide inks onto the page in my journal. I kept more towards the left hand side of the page as I wanted some colour to appear behind the stamped image. 


Next I stamped the main Scripted bee image twice using Versafine Clair, once on the white card and once on the stamping tissue. 


Once I had heat set the image on card I used oxide ink to colour various parts of the image which I then cut out ready to add to the tissue stamped image. I feathered the edges of the tissue stamped image with water and carefully took away the excess before sticking it into my journal using gel medium. As it is a large image I found it easier to add gel medium to just half of the image at a time and gently place it down before sticking the second half down. 


I used a 3D adhesive to attach the coloured details that I had cut out onto the page. This allowed them to stand proud of the the page and add definition to the page. 


Finally I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of card. As the words are very closely spaced I added some tape to each line of the stamp before inking it to allow me to stamp each line individually. Before stamping I removed the tape so only the line I wanted to stamp was inked up. 


I then backed them with black card and placed them on my layout.

Thank you for looking at the blog this week. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week and manage to get some crafting time into your day. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...